12th of May in bulletpoints
I can’t really be bothered writing a proper entry today because I’ve just finished having yet another argument with my mum. But before that, today was pretty awesome. Here’s why:
- I gotot a box of white chocolate guylain chocolates and a packet of pascall berry swirl marshmallows. They look so cute, but I can’t see why they’re labeled ‘berry flavour’. They just taste like regular marshmallows. doesn’t matter. I got both of these items for $2.10.
- I reached half way on my stock-take. At Ikes we don’t do stocktake like normal shops. Instead we have little clipboards and pens. We count everything individually and work things out with calculators. Down to the buttons. I have to admit I’ve been a little bitchy whilst doing it over the last month. But who can blame me? I’m up to 40 pages of stocktake. They gave me the largest section of the shop. And I’m only here for 2 days a week for crying out loud! Anyway, I’m just trying to tell myself it’s the last stocktake I’ll do at Ikes before leaving for Wellington for good. I hope.
- I Filed my tax return. Yay free money! (although I did earn it technically speaking). The return I’ll be getting is smaller than expected. But it all goes into the Wellington fund, with all the rest of my savings. It takes a lot of willpower to not spend money. Gr.
- I finished ‘The Hunger Games’ by Suzanne Collins this afternoon. I actually started reading it on Monday. I nailed 330 pages in one sitting, but then I lost interest to read the last 120 pages (ish) since I saw the movie first. Fail. In addition I learnt today that you should never read during breaks at work. I didn’t want to put the book down again once I had started reading again!
- I had a dream about my friend Sascha living in New Zealand again. I told him that I was sad when I woke up to find he wasn’t here at all. He messaged instantly to tell me he had dreamed of me too! Call me cooky but this kinda stuff freaks me out. It’s like subconsciously we made a connection to remind us to contact each other. It’s nice to hear he thinks of me still while going about his life in Germany.
10:30pm and I’m off to bed. Tomorow morning I will get up and wish Mum a happy mothers day (even though I’m fighting with her) and then I’ll be gone for a whole week. I can’t wait to get to Wellington. On Sunday I’m staying with Ryan. The best part about his flat, is there’s no reception in his part of Karori. No recpetion = No problem and most importantly… no nagging phonecalls from mum.